Header

Friday 10 August 2012

Beautiful Jurançon, by Claire Scott-Gall

Stephen, our buyer, has been doing quality control in the office today so we are fortunate to be tasting the Uroulat Jurançon from the fabulous Charles Hours.


I have a special affinity with the rolling hills of Jurançon having spent my year abroad living in the neighbouring town of Pau at university. I lived with a wonderful French lady who always had a bottle or two open in the kitchen. Many an afternoon my friend and I used to sip Jurançon on the balcony with the view of the snow-capped Pyrenees -  great memories!

This wine is still as delicious as I remember - dried apricot and white peach flavours punctuated by a prickly acidity that gives this wine life-giving freshness. A touch of marmalade on the palate that seems to coat the mouth but not in a cloying way. This wine seems to ooze energy- enough to get you around the sports track, according to Alex R. We now know what Usain drinks before he goes for a run (or jog!).

Written by Claire Scott-Gall  

No comments:

Post a Comment