Header

Monday 7 January 2013

Can Jason choose a single wine as his favourite from 2012?

I’ve been asked to write a short piece on my favourite Bancroft Wine for 2012. Sorry, impossible, as there isn’t just one – Cliché I know but it depends on my mood and the occasion, and also who’s buying!



I know a Burgundian Pinot Noir will feature so if it was my budget the Bourgogne Pressonniers by Roty is one I buy regularly and have always loved. This is a declassified Gevrey Chambertin so quite a bargain. I also regularly buy Domaine de Mordorée’s Lirac Reine des Bois to get my Rhône fix and Mas Amiel Vintage for my cheese, which is often requested by regular dinner guests as a superb alternative for Port and is cheaper for those guzzlers!


Luigi Bosca Vineyards, Mendoza, Argentina

Alternatively I do drink new world and Luigi Bosca would probably be the most popular as there is such a wide range. I had a magnum (love magnums!) of Gala 1, Malbec, Petit Verdot, Tannat, with my Christmas lunch this year which was delicious. But I also wish I had had the Late Harvest Gewürztraminer to go with my mince pies. For Boxing Day I tucked into a Bosca Malbec DOC with my lamb – yum!

Written by Jason Busby,  Director

No comments:

Post a Comment